Section 1 : English Language
Instruction : A word in capital letters is followed by four words. Choose the word that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word given in capital letters
Instruction : The below word in capital letters is followed by four words or phrases. Choose the one, which is similar in meaning to the words given in the capital letters.
Fill in the Blanks
1. If Alex________ his old mobile, he______ a new mp3 player.
(a) Sells, Will Buy
(b) Sold,Would Buy
(c) has sold, would have bought
(d) have sold, buy
2. The CM ____ the house that ____ action would be taken against all those involved in corruption.
(a) instructed, reventive
(b) called, stick
(c) assured, stringent
(d) informed, constructive
Instructions : In the following question, a part of the sentence is marked in quotes " ". Below are given alternatives to the bold part at (a), (b) and (c) which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, your answer is (d).
1. He denied that he "had not forged" my signature.
(a) would not forge
(b) had forged
(c) did not forge
(d) No improvement
2. There are many " new emerging" fields in information technology and electronics.
(a) new emergent
(b) newly emergent
(c) newly emerging
(d) No correction required
Section 2 : Quantitative
Averages and percentages
1. Sudha and Sarita started a business investing Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 65,000 respectively. In what ratio the profit earned after 5 years be divided between Radha and Meera?
2. Aryan invested Rs.45,000 in a business .After few months, his friend Brijesh joined him with Rs.40,000.At the end of the year, the total profit was divided between them in the ratio 3:2.After how many months did Brijesh join?
(a) 2 months
(b) 3 months
(c) 4 months
(d) 5 months
Distance and Speed
1. A boat can travel with a speed of 13 km/hr in still water. If the speed of the stream is 4 km/hr, find the time taken by the boat to go 68 km downstream.
(a) 2 Hours
(b) 3 Hours
(c) 4 Hours
(d) 5 Hours
2. A man's speed with the current is 15 km/hr and the speed of the current is 2.5 km/hr. The man's speed against the current is:
(a) 8.5 km/hr
(b) 9 km/hr
(c) 10 km/hr
(d) 12.5 km/hr
1. Tickets numbered 1 to 20 are mixed up and then a ticket is drawn at random. What is the probability that the ticket drawn has a number which is a multiple of 3 or 5?
2. A bag contains 2 red, 3 green and 2 blue balls. Two balls are drawn at random. What is the probability that none of the balls drawn is blue?
Simple Interest and Compound Interest
1. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to 815 in 3 years and to 854 in 4 years. The sum is:
2. Mr. Thomas invested an amount of 13,900 divided in two different schemes A and B at the simple interest rate of 14% p.a. and 11% p.a. respectively. If the total amount of simple interest earned in 2 years be 3508, what was the amount invested in Scheme B?
Work and Time
1. 24 boys will complete a piece of work in 18 days. 2 days after they started the work, 8 more boys joined with them. In how many days will all of them together finish the leftover work?
(a) 11 days
(b) 12 days
(c) 15 days
(d) 17 days
2. A team of friends planned to finish a construction work in 60 days. Out of them, 5 friends couldn’t come and the job was finished in 80 days. What was the total number of friends in the starting?
(a) 40 friends
(b) 17 friends
(c) 27 friends
(d) 20 friends
Section 3 : Reasoning
1. Rajesh started from point A and Travelled 8kms towards the north to point B, he then turned right and travelled 7 kms to point C, from point C he took the first right and drove 5 kms to point D, he took another right and travelled 7 kms to point E, and finally turned right and travelled for another 3 kms to point F. What is the distance between point F and B?
(a) 1 Km
(b) 2 Kms
(c) 3 Kms
(d) 4 Kms
2. Which of the following will come in place of the question mark? AC BE DH ? KQ
Instructions : Study the following arrangement carefully and answer the questions given below - A E C B % 7 D $ E B 5 C ? 3 D E 9 @ 2 #
1. How many such pairs of alphabets are there in the series highlighted in BOLD in the above arrangement each of which has as many letters between them(in both forward and backward directions) as they have between them in the English alphabetical series?
2. If all the vowels are dropped from the above arrangements, which of the following end of the twelfth from the left end of the above arrangement?
Instructions : In each of the questions below is given four statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II and III. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts
1. Statements:All stones are poles. All poles are desks. Some desks are nets. All nets are days. Conclusions:
I. Some nets are stones.
II.Some desks are stones.
III.Some days are desks.
(a) Only I and II follow
(b) Only I and III follow
(c) Only II and III follow
(d) All I, II and III follow
2. Statements: Some months are weeks.Some weeks are years. All years are buses. All buses are trains Conclusions:
I. Some trains are weeks.
II. Some buses are weeks.
III.Some trains are months.
(a) Only I and II follow
(b) Only II and III follow
(c) Only I and III follow
(d) All, I, II and III follow
Section 4 : Computers
1. Security procedures can:
(a) will eliminate all computer security risk.
(b) reduce but not eliminate risks.
(c) are prohibitively expensive.
(d) are inaccessible for the average home user.
2. To prevent the loss of data during power failures, use a(n):
(a) encryption program
(b) surge protector
For queries/issues, please send email or call
Copyright © 2013 Axis Bank. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE8.0 browsers.